Yes, we have a Search Option

7 August 2012

Reasons why I shouldn't write for MLP:FiM - Episode 5, It's not that rare to be assertive.



-         SCENE. EXT. FLUTTERSHY’S COTTAGE.

Fluttershy has been going on an assertiveness rampage all over Ponyville and she has returned to her cottage, only to keep being mean to other ponies around her. When throwing a tourist pony in the air, Pinkie Pie and Rarity try to stop Fluttershy from keep being so unpleasant.


Rarity

What happened to nice Fluttershy? We want that Fluttershy back.

Fluttershy flaps her wings and hovers around the two ponies as she keeps talking. Pinkie Pie twists her head around as her body remains immobile, stretching her neck as if it’s made out of marshmallow.

Fluttershy

No! You want wimp Fluttershy. You want pushover Fluttershy. You want do-anything-to-her-and-she-won't-complain Fluttershy!

Pinkie Pie’s head spins like a top as it regains its normal shape.

Pinkie Pie

Nyaaaaah! Too many Fluttershies to keep track of! Make it stop!

Fluttershy

(Pushing Pinkie Pie back by putting a hoof on her head)

Things getting too complicated for your simple little brain, Pinkie Pie?

Rarity catches Pinkie Pie in mid fall.

Rarity

Now, stop right there! Let's not let things descend into petty insults!

Fluttershy

Why not? I thought 'petty' was what you're all about, Rarity, with your 'petty' concerns about fashion.

Rarity gasps and then furrows her brow as she takes a step forward to confront Fluttershy.

Rarity

I beg your pardon! Did you just call my concerns petty!?

Fluttershy

(She is still floating, and crosses her front legs over her chest)

I sure did.

Rarity

How dare you? You think my concerns are petty? I have my own business! I have to take care of the expenses and keep my revenue going. My concerns are not petty, they are very important.

Fluttershy

(Coming close enough to push her nose against Rarity’s)

Oh yeah! Your concerns may be important for yourself, but your fashion is not since nopony cares for it.

Rarity

Au contraire sweetie, I am featured all over Canterlot in the best boutiques. Ponies like Sapphire Shores, Hoity Toity or Fancy Pants support me. Also fashion designers fight over my talent.

Fluttershy

(Lowering and slowing down her wing flap, her voice sounding less confident and more tame)

Yeah, but...but...

Rarity

And I don’t need to be rude to anypony to hold my ground, like you can see.
You may think that acting rude is making you stronger, but all you are doing is masking your weakness.

Fluttershy lands on the ground, putting her head down and making her hair fall over her face, the pink cascade of mane doing a terrible job at covering her shame.

Fluttershy

I...I just... I, uhm...

Rarity

It’s not like you to act this mean, and you are certainly going nowhere with such nasty behaviour. So stop being unpleasant to everypony, alright?

Fluttershy

(Squeaking)

Uhm...Okay.

Rarity

And apologize to Pinkie Pie right now!

Fluttershy

I’m sorry Pinkie.

Pinkie Pie

It’s alright Fluttershy, don’t worry about it.

Fluttershy

I don’t know what got into me.

Rarity

You just let that monster-that Minotaur give you the wrong type of advice.

Fluttershy

 Oh no! I have to pay him for these classes! I totally forgot! What am I going to do!?

Pinkie Pie

Well, why don’t you just pay him and that’s it?

Fluttershy

But I need this money to buy food for my animals. If I pay him then my friends will starve!

Rarity

Well sweetheart, I can lend you some money and you can pay me back by helping me in the boutique.

Fluttershy

But, I am not happy with this course, and he said that if we are not happy with the course we don’t get to pay anything!

Rarity

Fluttershy, that’s never true. Regardless of how happy you are with it, you will have to pay. You made a deal with Iron Will. He fulfilled his side of it, now you have to fulfil yours.

Fluttershy

Alright, I will do it.

Rarity

Don’t worry. We will go get the money.

Rarity and Pinkie Pie walk away as Fluttershy goes back to her cottage. We cut to a montage of Rarity, Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy talking to Iron Will. We don’t hear what they are saying. Rarity gives Iron Will a bag of bits, and he shakes her hoof and Fluttershy’s. We see him walking away with a happy face, as Fluttershy turns to her friends and hugs them.

Fluttershy

(Voiceover)

Dear Princess Celestia, today I learned something very important about life. Sometimes we think we can find advice in other ponies, thinking that they actually care for us. But in the end, only a true friend can help you deal with your problems. I also learned that sometimes you have to fail, in order to learn something new, and that being mean to your best friend doesn’t solve anything, and it can make things worse. Now I can measure my assertiveness, and think twice before doing something.

Fade to black followed by title credits.

(Note from HASBRO: This ending is too mellow. It needs to be re-written. Make Fluttershy meaner and add a bit more drama. If the writer refuses bring another one to fix it).

2 comments:

  1. I think i agree with hasbro; its just too logical,it needs some pizazz!

    ReplyDelete