Yes, we have a Search Option

13 March 2012

Fanart - Random Plots and Twilightliciousness

Hello there guys!

It's been a while since I last made a batch of artwork around here, but that's mostly because I've been with a cold, and a severe lack of energy. I don't know what's gotten into me but it really affected my productivity. That and also the fact that I haven't had any good idea floating around my boat for a couple of weeks. We also have to add the fact that I'm tired of using this piece of old dust Wacom Bamboo tablet and I want to move onto a bigger, better, more proffesional tablet, so it's basically a combination of many things.

So, until I can get that tablet that I want so much, let's focus on doing traditional artwork. That's still a lot of fun to do, especially when one needs practice. Let's take a look at what I'm bringing today.

 So I'm lying on my bed, sick as hell, nose stuffy and throat raspy, while I watch some My Little Pony, when I come to this realization.

"I have no idea how to do hind legs properly"

So I decided to make some random sketches to try and learn techniques on how to do them hind legs look proper, or at least decent. Well, I have to say I am not 100% happy with the results but they look better than I expected, and considering that, when I am as sick as I am now, my productivity goes to basically -50% (yes, that's a negative value right there). Here they are, take a look at them.

Art Supervisor: Rarity.

This one is the warm up page, some random sketches here and there, nothing major. I always go for Twilight when it comes to random drawings. I think I am obsessed with her or something, and she isn't even my favorite! Cameo by Trixie's hoof on the bottom of the page ^_^;

Twilight has the best plot. There are two ways to read that, and they are both wrong.

Don't ask me why I drew this, because you already know the answer. I had a revelation when drawing this, as I now know why John Joseco draws so much pony ass. It's because they are a ton of fun to draw. When drawing this I had no coughing, no sniffles, no stuffy nose, no concerns about my economy, no nothing. I only had one huge grin from side to side and it was awesome. I'm having fun and you can't stop me!!!

Adorkable Dancing Twilight Sparkle is Best Twilight Sparkle.

I've been wanting to do some Twilight in her Dress fanart for a while, and I will draw more in the future. I genuinely like that dress, I'm always one for minimalistic stuff, and she looks so pretty in it! "Sweet and Elite" is one of the best episodes of this series, without a hint of a doubt, and Twilight's adorkable dancing are mostly responsible of this.

EDIT: I was writing this post when I noticed her tail was missing on the right image. My face turned into a mask of terror as I pulled the original drawing, added the tail and re-scanned it. Twilight should never be without her tail. She has the most awesome tail in the whole show!

So there you go. I need to draw more.

1 comment: